A Commercial Window Cleaning Service Makes ¢ents For A Business
Keeping your windows clean with a commercial window cleaning service is an investment in your business that pays off. In competitive and tight economic times, one of the biggest mistakes a business can make is to cut back on promotional activities. Also, with finances in mind and concerns about staying in the black, the tendency is to take an economical do-it-yourself approach. However, there are vital promotional actions that can affect income and should continue to be performed and should be done by experts. Window cleaning is one of these.
Why Clean Windows are a Vital Business Expense
Clean windows contribute to income in several important ways. Ignored, unclean windows can lead to undesirable consequences. Even though someone coming to work every day stops noticing what their building looks like after awhile, its appearance has a subliminal impact on consumers and clients. Cleanliness, or the lack of it, can communicate many things:
- Intelligence and Competence: Sparkling windows echo the old maxim about the eyes being the windows to the soul. A clouded appearance communicates ill business-health, mental dullness, and disability. Brightness and clarity communicates health and intelligence as well as competence.
The very brightness of windows is one of the most obvious building traits noticed. Bright, clean windows stand out and will, therefore, have a stronger impact than many other factors, even important ones.
- Prosperity: Whether or not you are struggling during tough times or simply being thrifty, it is one thing to be close to the wire and quite another to tell your clients or prospective customers that you are. Good customers and clients are repulsed by the appearance of hardship and failure and attracted to that of a business doing well. Not able to keep your windows clean suggests a faltering business.
- Reliability: Dirty windows can convey the idea you aren’t reliable or may not be trusted to stay in business. It can also say that you are lax and not up to par. You want to convey to those you intend to serve that you are diligent and will provide them with complete attention to their needs.
- Openness: With dirty windows, the appearance of your building suggests that your company is no longer active. Clear and sparkling windows convey openness, both in the sense of open for business, and open to allowing others to see what you are doing.
- Value: Businesses often have displays at which passersby can look, and you don’t want them to view your displays through dust, cobwebs, and stains. It reduces the viewer’s estimate of the value of what is there.
- Professionalism: In absence of displays, people may simply be looking in at your staff and their activities. Seeing people and their work through dirty windows will communicate a degree of sloppiness and negligence that will give a negative slant to what they see. You want viewers to think professionalism and good service when they observe your company in action.
Hiring a commercial window cleaning service makes sense, as window cleaning is not a job for amateurs. You are unlikely to have the proper tools, expertise, or interest in doing a complete window-cleaning job yourself, or having it done by someone on your staff. This can be a factor even with small and few windows, but especially if you have a lot of windows or they are big or the building is tall.
The rental or purchase of pressure washing equipment and other tools can be daunting if you intend to properly maintain window cleanliness. As well, you would have to take out insurance to cover damage or injuries that may result from hiring a non-professional cleaner.
Using a commercial window cleaning service can solve these and other issues while also increasing client confidence in your business and, thereby, netting you more and bigger profits.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Universal Site Services and a clickable link back to this page.