A lack of cleanliness and basic minor repair can lead to much bigger problems and a reduction in property value. In order to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of a building, find yourself a good day porter service. This service provides people to clean malls, stores, hotels, offices, and other public buildings.
Day porters are used to working in busy, high traffic areas, and are familiar with all kinds of cleaning and trash removal, as well as minor repairs and painting.
Where To Find A Day Porter Service Provider
There are lots of companies that provide these kinds of services and they are not hard to find. In fact, you can do it with just a few clicks because there are a lot of websites offering day porter services.
- Check day porter websites and see if the services available fit your needs.
- Ask for referrals and recommendations from friends and businesses associates.
- Ask your parking lot sweeping provider if the company also offers day porter services.
You should check out the specific services that day porters provide. This way, you can be aware of what to look for and what questions to ask.
The Scope Of Services
There are various agencies and companies that offer day porter services and the scope is quite wide: The services usually include:
- cleaning, picking up of trash by hand when needed, disinfecting when necessary
- removal of litter from the daily traffic of workers, visitors, and clients who use the facility
- cleaning and maintenance of restrooms
- dusting, cleaning up of spills
- window washing
- emptying, wiping down, and relining trash bins
- cleaning and tidying newspaper, magazine, and information stands, and telephone booths
- painting walls and trim
Almost everything related to cleaning and maintenance of public facilities is provided by a day porter service, but check and make sure everything you want done will be included. For instance, you may want to check on what won’t be done – e.g., toxic waste items or needles might not be removed.
Things To Remember When Hiring This Service
In order to get all the services you need, you should keep several factors in mind when choosing a day porter. Knowing the qualities that a day porter should possess can help in your evaluation of the services offered. Day porters should:
- be skilled and knowledgeable about cleaning techniques for a variety of surfaces
- understand the importance of sanitization and know when it is needed
- have a clear understanding of not only the importance of cleanliness in public areas but also how to do their jobs efficiently with a minimum of disruption to the people around them
- have good cleaning equipment and know how to use it properly
- have access to, and know how to use, non-chemical cleaners if requested
- be able to determine if locks, buzzers, outlets, and other such items need to be replaced or repaired
- be bonded, insured, and licensed
- should guarantee satisfaction
Communication skills are important too, because day porters should be able to collaborate with the maintenance supervisor and be experienced in dealing with both clients and tenants.
These are just some of the factors you need to consider before hiring a day porter service provider. Find the best provider out there so that you receive good value for your money.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Universal Site Services and a clickable link back to this page.