Every building and facility should have property maintenance services as regularly as needed and can be afforded. Whether you own or manage a commercial property, you should consider the importance of maintenance. Who wants to live in, work in, or visit a building that is dirty, unsafe, and looks like it would fit right in with buildings on skid row?
Tenants, workers, and clients all prefer to be in clean, safe, well-kept buildings. As an owner or manager, the building or commercial property under your care is a reflection of your business and the people who live or work in it.
In order to keep it in pristine condition for all to enjoy, properties need regular attention. If you don’t arrange regular cleaning and maintenance, and are getting complaints, the property may not require just small repairs, but large expensive repairs, deep, major cleaning, and some areas – like the roof or the entrance– might be damaged beyond repair and need full replacement.
Use Quality Maintenance and Commercial Cleaning Services
If you skimp on property maintenance or commercial cleaning services until the paint is peeling off the walls, the security lights are burned out, and the parking lot has become a neighborhood dumping ground, you will likely be unhappy with the fall out:
- The property value can decreases significantly
- The building and property will become unsafe and unhealthy, which may leave you open to lawsuits
- Complaints will multiply; tenants may leave or even break contracts
- Security will be compromised as systems fall into disrepair
- Your public image as a good business citizen will be undermined
What to Expect From a Property Maintenance Services
Property maintenance services involves all the factors important in maintaining the quality, cleanliness, and value of a building or property. From the interior to the exterior, a property maintenance service will assess the property’s condition, report to you and explain their services. Damaged areas can be fixed, paint can be applied. A variety of service options will be available including:
- Cleaning rooms, apartments, or offices when they are vacated
- Moving-in preparations, such as repainting
- Parking lot cleaning and striping services
- Removal of graffiti and applications of anti-graffiti coatings where required
- Installation, replacement, and repair of signs
- Interior and exterior painting
- Repair and maintenance of asphalt
- Clean out of storm drains
- Removal of unwanted items
These are only a few of the many services you may need.
How To Evaluate Property Maintenance Vendors
There are many companies that offer maintenance and cleaning services but it is important to find the best one for your facility. By “best,” we mean that it will be a company that can meet your special requirements and deliver in a consistent and professional basis. Before hiring a company, evaluate and compare several of them.
Items to Consider When Hiring a Property Maintenance Service:
- Experienced staff with excellent communication skills
- State-of-the-art cleaning and repair equipment
- Licensed, insured, and bonded
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the cleaning and maintenance of buildings, grounds, parking lots and garages
- Reasonable prices
- 24-hour customer support
- Good references
- Satisfaction guaranteed
When you notice that your property is starting to lose its original luster, or you see signs that it is not as clean as it could be, or things are beginning to look a little shabby, don’t wait any longer. Find a company that offers professional property maintenance services– it can save you a lot of grief and, over time, a lot of money.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Universal Site Services and a clickable link back to this page.